Whether it’s buying a new phone or upgrading a laptop, Millennials refuse to pay thousands more for more storage space just to keep old photos secured. Luckily, cloud storage is the new solution to deduct these unnecessary expenses that people are still paying for. Below we have listed some of the most popular solutions along with some helpful tips. Give your wallet a break!
Important Features To Consider
Usability and accessibility
Cloud services should come with an easy-to-use user interface that facilitates user experience. With many of the top players in the space, you can access your data from almost anywhere in the world through the cloud. If you have a good internet connection, you can access your files, which are saved online somewhere in their respective data centers.
When we talk about the internet, safety becomes a primary concern for businesses. Saving files in the cloud storage space, not located in the computers but on servers hosted by third-party providers, requires a good understanding of their security procedures. 
By choosing cloud storage, your company is choosing cost efficiency. Having the data organized efficiently online is a lot more effective than traditional paper. The cloud storage vendor handles all your data queries, and if you are concerned about the time limit of storage, there are some cloud services which offer storage for life at an affordable price.
Convenient sharing of files
Sharing data files among the teams and the network is one feature almost every company demands in their cloud solution. That’s why every cloud storage service provides file-sharing features, which not only help you to share your file with other users, but also invites multiple users to view your data. Cloud vendors provide a cloud environment in which two users can share files in the same cloud service, but there are only a few service vendors that offer cross-platform file sharing features.
It is the beauty of cloud storage that one user cannot affect the task of another. It works like a hard disk; if you want to store a data file, it will not disturb any other ongoing task on the cloud. With an easy working interface, cloud services make sure multiple users can interact on the platform at the same time. Your tasks are managed and organised automatically by the cloud vendor.
The 5 Best Cloud Storage Services to Consider
1) LiveDrive – Livedrive is a product of j2 Global. This is an unlimited cloud storage solution which allows its users to securely back up, edit and share files, photos, videos unlimited backup space and 2,000 GB or more of sync storage. Livedrive is considered best for remote team collaboration, because of its automatic backup and bank-level security. Despite all of its offers, LiveDrive is regarded by many as one of the pricier (if not reliable) options. 
2) Google Drive – Launched by Google in 2012, this storage drive boasts a lot of extra features. All you need is a Google account and you can get 15GB of free storage and an excellent office suite. It’s a good option for many businesses to use as their complete cloud-based office. Though some users are not happy with its uploading speed and slow searching, Google Drive is often the solution most people are immediately aware of.
3) Microsoft OneDrive – Microsoft’s cloud solution system comes with 5 GB of storage space free of charge, with 100 GB, 1 TB, and 6 TB storage options available either separately or with Office 365 subscriptions. OneDrive users get access as a part of a Microsoft Office and 1TB of OneDrive storage space. There are also suggestions that some files can get altered when they are synced or uploaded to OneDrive but it is unclear how common this problem is.
4) Apple’s iCloud – iCloud is another cloud option which is built in every Apple device. That means you can store all your photos, video and other files in one place. However, the security threat is always there as insidious hackers are always trying to break into Apple’s fortress.
5) Dropbox – Dropbox is one of the cloud storage options which offers a range of plans that uniquely meet personal, small, and large business plan needs—from 2TB to unlimited space. They say there is no compromise on your business security, but it can be a very high cost for small companies in relation to its cost-functionality.
No doubt, there are many options available for Cloud Storage Solutions. While choice is always great, it does make it harder to ensure you select the correct one for your needs. By following the advice above, you set yourself up by future success. Always beware of online scams before making your final purchase, and get ready to enjoy the benefits of the digital age with access to Data all over the world!
- “10 Tips for How to Buy the Best Cloud Storage For Business.” Choosing the Best Cloud Storage For Business: 10 Tips. https://www.enterprisestorageforum.com/cloud-storage/how-to-buy-best-cloud-storage.html.
- “5 Advantages Cloud Storage Brings to Businesses.” Marco. https://www.marconet.com/blog/5-advantages-of-cloud-storage-for-businesses.Today’s EggspertThis Article Was Written by Today’s Daily Eggspert. “10 Best Cloud Storage Services – 2020 Review.” The Daily Egg. November 19, 2020. https://www.crazyegg.com/blog/best-cloud-storage-services/.
- “10 BEST Free Cloud Storage Providers (Online Storage 2020).” Software Testing Help. November 13, 2020. https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/cloud-storage-providers/.
- Vaughan-Nichols, Steven J. “Best Cloud Storage Services: From Google Drive to Dropbox, the Top Options for Business.” ZDNet. October 09, 2020. https://www.zdnet.com/article/best-cloud-storage-services/.