Are you making travel plans for the year? In case you do not have a proper credit card in your possession, you should consider it right away. Travel credit cards are known to provide access to free or affordable hotel stays and flights. In some cases, these might help in significantly lowering the overall flight expenses. As per the experts, the end of the year is the best tenure to apply for the travel credit card. Moreover, currently, there are several offers that you can come across on the travel rewards credit cards.
If you are looking for the best option out there, here are some top options:
- American Express Platinum Card: This credit card is known to provide 5 times the total points when you would be making the booking directly from the airline’s website. Therefore, in case you do not have a preference for the specific airline that you wish to fly with, then you can consider this credit card. To top it all, the travel credit card is providing around 60, 000 bonus points as a welcome sign to the cardholders. This is applicable in the case you tend to spend around $5, 000 for the first 3 months using this card.
- Additionally, the card is also known to provide access to earn points in other ways. For every dollar that you will be spending on earning 1.2 membership points, you can make use of the same for ensuring other travel expenses. To top it all, the points do not expire. Moreover, there is no limit on the number of points that you will be earning using the card. The travel credit card by American Express is available with an annual fee of around $499 across the world.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: If you are looking for a reward-based travel card with improved flexibility, then this card option is the perfect for you. Currently, you are given the option of earning around 50, 000 points upon spending $4, 000 during the first 3 months of launching your account. This is equivalent to around $625 value. At the same time, the card imposes no introductory fee during the first year of membership. After this period, the card issuer is known to charge around $95 of the annual fee.
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred travel credit card can be utilized for making day-to-day purchases. For every dollar that you would spend on your purchases, you will receive one point. At the same time, you can earn 2 times the total points when you are using the card for restaurants and travel plans. The credit card also allows you to transfer the respective points to the other participating flyer who might be a frequent flyer. The same is awarded at 1:1 value. There is no additional foreign fee. Moreover, there is also no restriction imposed or specific blackout dates with respect to utilizing the available points for making your travel plans.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: This is another leading travel credit card by Chase Sapphire. The only difference is that this credit card is known to provide highly elevated travel rewards to the cardholders. The new cardholders are given the option to earn as many as 50,000 points upon spending $4000 for the first 3 months. This is equivalent to $750 value. The card is known to charge an annual fee of around $450. With this amount, you can get access to a wide number of additional benefits, including the annual travel credit of around $300 along with premium-level travel benefits. These might include special rewards at the exclusive Luxury Hotel & Resort, access to over 1000 airport lounges, and so more.
- With this card, the option of earning points becomes relatively simpler. The card allows you to earn 3 times the total points when you would be using the card for dining or travel expenses. At the same time, you can also earn a single point for every dollar that you would spend on day-to-day purchases.
Travels are known to be expensive. Therefore, when given an opportunity, you should make the most of it by applying for a reliable travel credit card from a trustworthy card issuer right away!
- “The 5 Best Travel Rewards Credit Cards Available Right Now,” Nation,
- “ The best travel rewards credit cards, from the Chase Sapphire preferred to the Capital One Venture card,” Business Insider, Sarah Silbert, 13 February, 2020,
- “Best Travel Credit Cards,” CreditCards,
- “13 Best Travel Credit Cards of March 2020,” Nerd Wallet, Paul Soucy and Sam Kemmis, 6 March, 2020,